One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for matrilocal
- ‘Initially, there are two to three years of uxorilocal residence.’
- ‘For instance, approximately one third of marriages are uxorilocal.’
- ‘The pattern is an uxorilocal, often expanded nuclear family, in line with the adage that women ‘stay’ and men ‘go.’’
- ‘Uxorilocal marriages are far less common today.’
1930s: from Latin uxorius ‘of a wife’ (from uxor ‘wife’) + local.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.