Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A thick pancake made from rice flour to which onions, tomatoes, chillies, and other vegetables are added during cooking.‘he ate his sister's uttapam with a relish that made her beam’
- ‘Two of the specialties, not often found on tandoori-oriented Indian-restaurant menus, are uttapams and dosas.’
- ‘The uttapam were virtually devoid of flavor, and the dosa was much too thick and way too chewy.’
- ‘Wait for 2 minutes, when the upper side of the uttapam starts to solidify, turn it over using a spatula.’
- ‘Would the uttapams be served on their own as a snack or as part of a meal?’
- ‘I have seen uttapams in many restaurants but I don't like the quality too much.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.