One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘a utopic vision’another term for utopian
- ‘It is a geography that depends upon Romantic constructions of childhood as utopic.’
- ‘In principle, these technologies become associated with the utopic optimism of the future.’
- ‘Forget any ideas about a perfect system, about an utopic society free of greed and corruption.’
- ‘Divided into five sections, Section One examines California from 1900 to 1920 and the utopic myths by which the state is most often identified.’
- ‘His characters reread American history, forced to see it not as a transcendent, utopic myth but as an ideological construct that foreshadows the demise of earlier stories of nationhood.’
- ‘It's a utopic thing to achieve, though it's a state we may be in for only a few seconds [at a time].’
- ‘Although the indiginous inhabitants view their society as practically utopic, Tichy views the world as anything but.’
- ‘Is the life presented in this film utopic/mythical?’
- ‘Butler's vision in the novel is certainly not utopic.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.