One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘a utopic vision’another term for utopian
- ‘Forget any ideas about a perfect system, about an utopic society free of greed and corruption.’
- ‘It is a geography that depends upon Romantic constructions of childhood as utopic.’
- ‘His characters reread American history, forced to see it not as a transcendent, utopic myth but as an ideological construct that foreshadows the demise of earlier stories of nationhood.’
- ‘Is the life presented in this film utopic/mythical?’
- ‘It's a utopic thing to achieve, though it's a state we may be in for only a few seconds [at a time].’
- ‘Butler's vision in the novel is certainly not utopic.’
- ‘Although the indiginous inhabitants view their society as practically utopic, Tichy views the world as anything but.’
- ‘In principle, these technologies become associated with the utopic optimism of the future.’
- ‘Divided into five sections, Section One examines California from 1900 to 1920 and the utopic myths by which the state is most often identified.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.