One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The belief in or pursuit of a state in which everything is perfect, typically regarded as unrealistic or idealistic.‘the political settlement was brought about by misguided utopianism’
- ‘During her residency, she began a series of paintings that merge these distinct terrains: the melding of ancient histories with architectural utopianism.’
- ‘Ultimately, the cooperative factories foundered on the narrowness, not the utopianism, of their vision.’
- ‘It is in Jesus' teaching, he suggests, that utopianism reaches its summit.’
- ‘His utopianism was reflected in his wife Mary's novel, Frankenstein—albeit in a dark mirror.’
- ‘A utopianism that has shrunk to the dimensions of survivalism is perhaps part of the problem rather than its solution.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.