Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A room equipped with appliances for washing and other domestic work.
- ‘Outside there is a utility room plumbed for a washing machine and tumble dryer with shelf storage.’
- ‘There is a good-sized utility room and separate shower room to the rear of the house.’
- ‘A small utility room is home to all other kitchen appliances and has a separate toilet and hand basin.’
- ‘The three-bedroom penthouses all have en suite bathrooms, terraces, fitted kitchens, utility rooms, fitted wardrobes and a living room.’
- ‘A lobby area leads from here to a utility room and a shower room with part-tiled walls.’
- ‘Off the kitchen is a breakfast room, laundry room, utility room and two store rooms.’
- ‘Off the kitchen is a utility room, so the washing machine and dryer are kept out of view and earshot.’
- ‘On the ground floor there is a TV / playroom, a utility room and a wine cellar.’
- ‘The doors to the utility room, a family room and the second entrance all converge at this point.’
- ‘To the rear of the ground floor are the kitchen, dining room and a separate utility room with rear access.’
- ‘Behind the dining room are the utility room and family bathroom, both with tiled floors.’
- ‘A spacious utility room beyond the kitchen completes the accommodation at this level.’
- ‘There is also a small utility room and separate storage room in this area.’
- ‘Off the kitchen a utility room houses the heating system and there is ample room for washers and dryers.’
- ‘Also off the hall is a utility room plumbed for a washing machine and dryer.’
- ‘To the right of this room is a utility room, which could also serve as a kitchen in itself.’
- ‘It has eight bedrooms, four reception rooms, kitchen, gun room and various storage and utility rooms.’
- ‘On the ground floor, it has a sitting room, dining room, kitchen, utility room and cellar.’
- ‘The utility room and bathroom both feature a panelled ceiling with skylight.’
- ‘The study, kitchen, and utility rooms stretch across the rear of the house and overlook a quaint courtyard to the rear.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.