One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.’
- ‘This is another massive usurpation of local control of public schools, draped in the faux fabric of federal accountability.’
- ‘The Government, on behalf of the people, will not tolerate the usurpation of the functions of any of the institutions of the State by any individual or group.’
- ‘These obligations discourage a naked usurpation of power by judges.’
- ‘This is coercion, an usurpation of personal autonomy, and deeply destructive of human freedom.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.