Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An identification used by a person with access to a computer, network, or online service.
- ‘One cannot expect that ordinary users have different usernames, passwords and e-mail addresses for all of the Web sites that they visit.’
- ‘There is a basic application included with each device designed to store Web usernames and passwords.’
- ‘The username and password for your internet account may also have been sent and should be changed.’
- ‘Nothing prevents an unauthorized program from performing the same steps and printing out all the usernames and passwords.’
- ‘Your account will provide you with a username and password to access the service wherever it is available.’
- ‘Paid access informational sites have usernames and passwords, which travel with you as you go from page to page.’
- ‘Finally I got fed up and called the ISP to confirm the username and password.’
- ‘Often, cookies are used to monitor visitors' behavior or to simplify the login process by saving usernames and passwords.’
- ‘Anyone who knows my username and password can access resources intended for me, even if they're not really me.’
- ‘Your data may be your email usernames and passwords, your emails, Instant Messages, web passwords, and all the web pages you visit.’
- ‘She also denied that the login username was included in the pack.’
- ‘The main security flaw with my website was probably the simple fact that the username and password were exactly the same.’
- ‘Each switch had a secret phone number, and a default username and password, he said.’
- ‘Experts believe the goal of the hijacking was to fool users into divulging personal financial data such as credit card numbers and account usernames and passwords.’
- ‘This permits others with the username and password with remote access to all your files and data.’
- ‘The fact that a majority of enterprises still depend on username / password access systems should be a concern to every CEO.’
- ‘There exist a number of different spy and malware of which some are relatively friendly and only spies on your surfing habits, while others like the Trojans can be used to corrupt your hard drive or steal your usernames and passwords.’
- ‘Also, plenty of sites have usernames, rather than email addresses, as the unique identifier for logging in.’
- ‘The transmission of the username with password is always encrypted.’
- ‘More and more, people from both developed and developing countries are becoming identified by online usernames, passwords, and code names serving both leisure and business Internet pursuits.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.