One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Unable to help in our escape, I pushed with my right leg as best as I could while the other leg lolled and bumped uselessly on the ground.’
- ‘So instead I am alternating between gazing uselessly out of the window and staring blankly at this screen trying to string a few sentences together!’
- ‘A plea has been made on behalf of the Augustinian Missions for any old Irish notes or coins which may be lying around the house uselessly.’
- ‘Out in the street, stalled taxis blast their horns uselessly.’
- ‘When we spend our time uselessly, we not only miss timely opportunities, but our progress in life also is delayed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.