One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘When we spend our time uselessly, we not only miss timely opportunities, but our progress in life also is delayed.’
- ‘So instead I am alternating between gazing uselessly out of the window and staring blankly at this screen trying to string a few sentences together!’
- ‘A plea has been made on behalf of the Augustinian Missions for any old Irish notes or coins which may be lying around the house uselessly.’
- ‘Out in the street, stalled taxis blast their horns uselessly.’
- ‘Unable to help in our escape, I pushed with my right leg as best as I could while the other leg lolled and bumped uselessly on the ground.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.