One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The load carried by an aircraft in addition to its own weight.‘this is a four-seat design, with a useful load of 1,125 lbs’
- ‘The original Skywagons first flew with a 260-hp engine in July 1961 and boasted a 1,600-pound useful load.’
- ‘Weighing about 7000-lbs, with a useful load of 2800-lbs, Lindbergh's Sirius had a top speed of 185-mph and cruised at 150-mph.’
- ‘Compared with the original design, the cabin length has been increased by six inches, useful load increased by more than 18 percent and empty weight by 13 percent.’
- ‘As a result, the 6X offers a useful load of about 1,400 pounds.’
- ‘The result is an empty weight of only 1,334 pounds, leaving a useful load of 466 pounds.’
- ‘That leaves a 797-pound useful load or 509 pounds of payload after filling the tanks.’
- ‘And like the more powerful Cessna, the Archer climbs better and cruises faster, but only delivers about 50 pounds more useful load.’
- ‘A useful load of 1,172 pounds, an economical fuel flow and relatively fast cruise speeds didn't overcome the higher horsepower and gross weights offered by Beech's new light twin, the Baron.’
- ‘Previous research identified conventional cost drivers for aircraft CERs, to include empty weight, speed, useful load, wing area, power, landing speed, and production quantity.’
- ‘Huge useful load and easy flying keep its price at the top of the bracket.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.