A projection of the temporal bone that forms part of the zygoma.
- ‘The maxilla may be directly joined to the zygomatic process of the temporal bone by a dorsal extension of the zygomatic process of the maxilla.’
- ‘The zygomatic process of the squamosal is small and hidden from dorsal view by the expanded maxillae and frontals.’
- ‘In some cases, the zygomatic process of the temporal bone is absent.’
- ‘Archerops further differs from Coelops species in its tall zygomatic process, smaller foramen ovale, and very narrow antorbital bar.’
- ‘The frontal sinuses may be absent, small, or remarkably large, extending through orbital bones, zygomatic processes, and into the squamae.’