One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The feet are zygodactylous, with two toes pointed forward and two toes pointed backward.’
- ‘Most Cuckoos have moderately sized, slightly down curved bills, medium to long wings and zygodactylous feet.’
- ‘This zygodactylous feet also enable the Blue-crowned Hanging Parrot to hang upside down to reach otherwise inaccessible fruits or flowers.’
- ‘The feet of most woodpeckers are large and zygodactylous, meaning two toes point forward and two backward on each foot.’
- ‘Owls are zygodactylous: two toes face anteriorly and two toes face posteriorly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.