One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This zygodactylous feet also enable the Blue-crowned Hanging Parrot to hang upside down to reach otherwise inaccessible fruits or flowers.’
- ‘Owls are zygodactylous: two toes face anteriorly and two toes face posteriorly.’
- ‘The feet are zygodactylous, with two toes pointed forward and two toes pointed backward.’
- ‘The feet of most woodpeckers are large and zygodactylous, meaning two toes point forward and two backward on each foot.’
- ‘Most Cuckoos have moderately sized, slightly down curved bills, medium to long wings and zygodactylous feet.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.