Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The offspring of a zebra and a horse (strictly, a male zebra and a female horse), typically sterile. Zorses resemble horses or mules with dark zebra stripes.
- ‘It is well documented that zorses tend to inherit the ‘unpredictability’ of their zebra half.’
- ‘Unlike a horse, a zorse must begin training within a few days of being born in order to be a docile animal.’
- ‘Zorses are also almost immune to hot weather, and zorses do not seem to tire.’
- ‘Additionally, this hybrid is unusual because most zorses are the product of a female horse and a male zebra.’
- ‘When she arrived home to Germany, Eclyse's mother surprised her keepers by giving birth to a baby zorse.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.