One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The offspring of a zebra and a horse (strictly, a male zebra and a female horse), typically sterile. Zorses resemble horses or mules with dark zebra stripes.
- ‘Additionally, this hybrid is unusual because most zorses are the product of a female horse and a male zebra.’
- ‘Unlike a horse, a zorse must begin training within a few days of being born in order to be a docile animal.’
- ‘It is well documented that zorses tend to inherit the ‘unpredictability’ of their zebra half.’
- ‘When she arrived home to Germany, Eclyse's mother surprised her keepers by giving birth to a baby zorse.’
- ‘Zorses are also almost immune to hot weather, and zorses do not seem to tire.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.