One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An expert in or student of the behavior, physiology, classification, and distribution of animals.‘several species are threatened with extinction, a leading zoologist has warned’
- ‘The rest of us were just "botanists", "zoologists", or simply "biologists".’
- ‘Raised and home-schooled in Africa by her zoologist parents, she lands in Illinois completely naive to the cliques and rules of high school.’
- ‘Knowing an opportunity to make a quick buck, he takes the thing to a zoologist who just happens to be visiting the area.’
- ‘Having the same name presents no difficulties whatsoever to the zoologist nor to the botanist.’
- ‘Zoologists, for example, once believed that studying chimpanzees in a cage would reveal everything about the animal.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.