One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An expert in or student of the behavior, physiology, classification, and distribution of animals.‘several species are threatened with extinction, a leading zoologist has warned’
- ‘Knowing an opportunity to make a quick buck, he takes the thing to a zoologist who just happens to be visiting the area.’
- ‘Raised and home-schooled in Africa by her zoologist parents, she lands in Illinois completely naive to the cliques and rules of high school.’
- ‘The rest of us were just "botanists", "zoologists", or simply "biologists".’
- ‘Zoologists, for example, once believed that studying chimpanzees in a cage would reveal everything about the animal.’
- ‘Having the same name presents no difficulties whatsoever to the zoologist nor to the botanist.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.