One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Each of a number of major areas of the earth having a characteristic fauna (especially mammals). They include the Palearctic, Ethiopian, Oriental, Australian, Nearctic, and Neotropical regions.Also called faunal region
- ‘Housefly collections from five continents and six zoogeographical regions were obtained with the help of collaborators.’
- ‘The Caspian Sea is considered an independent zoogeographical region due to the diversity, specificity and endemism of its fauna.’
- ‘The Western Ghats region of India is rich in freshwater fish fauna comprising of 288 species, 118 being endemic to this zoogeographical region.’
- ‘Wallace, in 1876, proposed 6 major zoogeographical regions to explain the distribution of faunal groups.’
- ‘Crane flies are cosmopolitan in distribution, with about 15,000 described species in all zoogeographical regions.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.