A small zone, band, or belt.
- ‘Division of subzones into zonules is the ultimate expression of such patterns.’
- ‘The excluded volume of ciliary zonule digests contained abundant fibrillin microfibrils.’
- ‘This assemblage is equivalent to the kochaspid ‘zonule’ of Palmer and Halley.’
- ‘Accommodation is the process in which the ciliary muscles contract and relax tension on the zonules allowing the lens to change shape.’
- ‘Dr. Zinn was honored for both his passions, with a flower named zinnia and a part of the human eyeball forever since known as ‘Zinn's zonule.’’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.