One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small zone, band, or belt.
- ‘This assemblage is equivalent to the kochaspid ‘zonule’ of Palmer and Halley.’
- ‘The excluded volume of ciliary zonule digests contained abundant fibrillin microfibrils.’
- ‘Dr. Zinn was honored for both his passions, with a flower named zinnia and a part of the human eyeball forever since known as ‘Zinn's zonule.’’
- ‘Division of subzones into zonules is the ultimate expression of such patterns.’
- ‘Accommodation is the process in which the ciliary muscles contract and relax tension on the zonules allowing the lens to change shape.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.