One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Pasta in the form of tubes resembling large macaroni.
- ‘Dominick left a medium sized dish of ziti and another of lasagna on a tray next to the table while Mar had placed dishes of manicotti in front of them.’
- ‘There were dinner rolls and chicken cacciatore, baked ziti, and potato salad, peas and corn, and coleslaw.’
- ‘He'd pitch in at family parties, passing salami, praising Mom's baked ziti, while my dad and the uncles sat silently puffing cigars, trying to sneak peeks at the ballgame.’
- ‘Aluminum trays of half-eaten baked ziti and boxes of muffins and chocolates lay strewn about.’
- ‘Spaghetti with a lowfat marinara sauce is a better option than lasagna or ziti stuffed with meat and cheese.’
- ‘I had suggested baked ziti, but when it got down to it, she made spaghetti and meatballs.’
- ‘The ingredients for Sunday dinner - baked ziti with spicy sausage, salad and toasted French bread with white bean pate - were especially heavy, what will all the cans and jars and whatnot.’
- ‘There was pizza, French fries, chicken nuggets, ziti, lasagna, salad.’
- ‘‘Just some salad, baked ziti, fish fillets, and apple pie,’ he said.’
- ‘When it was finally time to take our orders, I had decided on a Caesar salad, with dressing on the side, while Lauren had chicken alfredo, and the guys each ordered some stuffed ziti.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.