A pimple on the skin.
pimple, pustule, blemish, blackhead, boil, swelling, eruption, wen, styView synonyms
- ‘Frequently covered in zits, freckles and pockmarks, his character's faces are detailed in their expressiveness without being overly polished.’
- ‘My skin is pretty much clear but for this one zit.’
- ‘In between Grade 8 and Grade 9 I grew a bit, had a haircut, and my zits went away.’
- ‘I hate zits, especially the one inside my eyelid.’
- ‘Where were the black rimmed glasses, the transparently white skin, the insufferable rash of zits that should be covering his face?’
- ‘That expensive moisturiser has given me three heinous zits on my chin!’
- ‘This only compounded matters and meant that even more zits began to creep all over her face.’
- ‘Any younger and they're popping zits, not dreaming of being politicians.’
- ‘You eventually regret the day when you finally get up close to one of your idols and see that they have scars and zits and they scowl and curse at the roadies.’
- ‘One unwashed individual came out with a rash of zits.’
- ‘His face had so many zits on it that it looked like his skin tone was actually pink and white.’
- ‘Typical teen problems like zits had not touched his flawless pale skin.’
- ‘His honesty, feyness and his ability to laugh at himself, (such as when he discovers a zit on his nose during the interview), contributes to his charm.’
- ‘We had no money, no fashion to speak of, no make-up, and zits.’
- ‘I look at the photo of me at sixteen with dyed black hair and a zit on my chin and think, ‘why did they let me out in public?’’
- ‘The holiday season kicks into full gear this week and I've just noticed that there is what clearly looks like the beginnings of a huge red zit on my nose.’
- ‘It turns out that he had this big zit on his forehead and he didn't want to be on TV where everyone would see this huge zit.’
- ‘Along the way Kevin matured from skateboarding kid to adolescence, experiencing everything from first dates to first kisses, by way of a broken voice and zits.’
- ‘I found that immediately after starting this practice, my occasional chin-area zit and ingrown neck hairs almost completely stopped happening.’
- ‘Unfortunately, there is much myth surrounding the causation of the zits.’
1960s: of unknown origin; apparently originally American teenagers' slang.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.