One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denoting a sealable plastic bag with a two-part strip along the opening that can be pressed together and readily reopened.
- ‘The cop read the ransom note over and then he scanned it and put the note in a plastic ziplock bag.’
- ‘My old roommate and I always froze single servings in ziplock bags for quick dinners.’
- ‘Throw the soy sauce, white wine, the chopped regular onion, rosemary, olive oil, and garlic into a gallon-size Ziploc bag along with the flank steak.’
- ‘A Ziploc bag of rice would normally feed a refugee for a day; however, often times it must be stretched to supply a family of four for a week.’
- ‘For several months, conservators and curators carefully wrapped books in acid-free tissue before nestling them in Ziploc bags.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.