Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A computer file whose contents of one or more files are compressed for storage or transmission, often carrying the extension .ZIP.‘a self-extracting zip file’
- ‘This zip file contains a HTML file and an executable called foto1.exe.’
- ‘If the file inside the attached zip file is launched the worm will be activated, capturing keystrokes during online banking sessions which could include passwords and financial account information.’
- ‘Essentially this enables you to take one zip file and split it into multiple files.’
- ‘Download the giant zip file and there's a single 90 minute long mp3 file.’
- ‘Download the fancy font to a folder on your computer - you will receive the font as a zip file.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.