A computer file whose contents of one or more files are compressed for storage or transmission, often carrying the extension .ZIP.‘a self-extracting zip file’
- ‘Essentially this enables you to take one zip file and split it into multiple files.’
- ‘Download the fancy font to a folder on your computer - you will receive the font as a zip file.’
- ‘Download the giant zip file and there's a single 90 minute long mp3 file.’
- ‘This zip file contains a HTML file and an executable called foto1.exe.’
- ‘If the file inside the attached zip file is launched the worm will be activated, capturing keystrokes during online banking sessions which could include passwords and financial account information.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.