One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A movement for (originally) the re-establishment and (now) the development and protection of a Jewish nation in what is now Israel. It was established as a political organization in 1897 under Theodor Herzl, and was later led by Chaim Weizmann.
- ‘Theodore Herzl conceived the idea of modern political Zionism while covering the ‘Affair’ for the Vienna Neue Freie Presse.’
- ‘Until then, far larger numbers of European Jews looked to socialism than to Zionism as the means for achieving equality.’
- ‘It played a significant role in the creation of modern political Zionism, despite the officially secular nature of the movement.’
- ‘However, my father was a follower of Jabotinsky, the founder of the version of Zionism that rules Israel today.’
- ‘This is why some heavily orthodox Jewish groups oppose Zionism as it exists today.’
- ‘You made what you view as a distinction between Israeli people, Jewish people and Zionism.’
- ‘The pamphlet details the history of Zionism, the political movement for a Jewish homeland.’
- ‘Religious, cultural, and political differences, including Zionism, divided Jewish immigrants, old and new, into numerous conflicting camps.’
- ‘We diverged politically and personally as time went on, especially on issues of Jewish identity and Zionism / Israel, but remained in permanent dialogue.’
- ‘Jewish immigrants, inspired by Zionism and escaping from anti-Semitism, came in increasing numbers, mainly from Eastern Europe.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.