One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An insoluble white solid used as a pigment and in medicinal ointments.
- ‘Sunblocks containing powdered titanium dioxide or zinc oxide dispersed in a base of petroleum jelly became available over 50 years ago.’
- ‘People who react to standard sunscreens might look for a lotion containing physical blockers like zinc oxide or titanium dioxide.’
- ‘For many parents it is more practical to buy a nonprescription diaper cream or ointment, like zinc oxide, to soothe and protect areas of skin that are prone to diaper rash.’
- ‘Your doctor might have you use antihistamine pills, a steroid cream, calamine lotion, or zinc oxide cream.’
- ‘Physical sunblocks deflect light; they usually contain zinc oxide or titanium dioxide and typically go on thick and white.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.