One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Ointment containing zinc oxide, used for various skin conditions.
- ‘Using a cotton swab, apply a few drops of vitamin E from a capsule or a dab of zinc ointment inside the tip of your nose every night before bed until your nosebleeds stop.’
- ‘Applying copious amounts of polymyxin B-bacitracin zinc ointment over several days should emulsify and remove residual tar.’
- ‘In winter, zinc ointment protects skiers the sun and from its often intense reflection off the snow.’
- ‘The zinc ointment can also be used at the beach for that classic summertime ‘lifeguard’ look!’
- ‘The wounds in these were treated according to one of four treatment regiments: untreated; polyurethane film; 7% bacitracin zinc ointment, and 7% bacitracin zinc ointment plus polyurethane film.’
zinc ointment/ziNGk ˈointmənt/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.