One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A unit of information equal to one sextillion (10²¹) or, strictly, 2⁷⁰ bytes.
- ‘A zettabyte, incidentally, is roughly half a million times the entire collections of all the academic libraries in the United States.’
- ‘This is 42 zettabytes, more than 32 million times larger than the projected storage of the 2007 computer cluster.’
- ‘This means that 1,000 exabytes equals 1 zettabyte (ZB), and 1,000 zettabytes equals 1 yottabyte (YB).’
- ‘Humanity's total digital output currently stands at 8,000,000 petabytes—which each represent a million gigabytes—but is expected to pass 1.2 zettabytes this year.’
- ‘We are talking just under half a Zettabyte.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.