One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Refusal to accept antisocial behavior, typically by strict and uncompromising application of the law.
- ‘Zero tolerance for drugs means zero tolerance for absent-mindedness.’
- ‘They are stepping up their campaign of zero tolerance to combat violence towards staff’
- ‘She has declared a national program of zero tolerance of violence against women.’
- ‘Mrs Charity said one test for good governance in areas needing aid was zero tolerance of corruption.’
- ‘Police have been cracking down in the area on prostitution creating zero tolerance zones.’
- ‘Every employer should have a written policy of zero tolerance for workplace violence.’
- ‘He said there would be zero tolerance and the police would be aggressive in dealing with unruly elements.’
- ‘First and foremost I would like to commend the head of state for his zero tolerance for waste and corruption.’
- ‘The latest twist in the tale is an apparent conflict between drug abuse zero tolerance and medical applications of the drug.’
- ‘The latest edict from Murrayfield on zero tolerance for violent behaviour was also tested when a fight broke out.’
- ‘The authorities talk about zero tolerance when it comes to taxi violence.’
- ‘Their zero tolerance crackdown has led to some people taking their case to court - where they lost and had to pay double.’
- ‘What happened to the patrols we were promised by the police and zero tolerance?’
- ‘If we want to send out a strong message on zero tolerance of violence against women then we should start here.’
- ‘Policing is being pressured to have zero tolerance of the socially marginal and outsiders.’
- ‘Rather than build facilities, the government prefers zero tolerance and punishment.’
- ‘I would also like to remind our President about his speech on zero tolerance of corruption.’
- ‘The Web has proven that customers have zero tolerance for fragmented lines of business.’
- ‘Illegal parking outside schools is the next target on Witham police's zero tolerance hit list.’
- ‘Let there be zero tolerance for abuse and violence against women!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.