The time at which a planned operation, typically a military one, is set to begin.→ zero
the appointed time, the appointed hour, the crucial moment, the vital moment, the critical moment, the moment of truth, the moment of decision, the point of decision, the rubicon, the critical point, the cruxthe crunchView synonyms
- ‘Accompanied by your other three team members, you begin at zero hour of the Clone Wars.’
- ‘A few minor adjustments were made to the presentation plan, and we set 3 o'clock as zero hour.’
- ‘As zero hour approached, Spanish-language radio stations broadcast appeals for all able-bodied Cuban-Americans to help.’
- ‘Nervy to begin with, he came close to panic as zero hour approached.’
- ‘‘Tomorrow is zero hour,’ said one of the messages.’
World War I: from zero + hour.