One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denoting a road vehicle that emits no pollutants from its exhaust.
- ‘California is again delaying requirements for zero-emission vehicles, first mandated for the 1998 model year.’
- ‘Combining hydrogen and oxygen in fuel cells generates electricity, pure water, and nothing else, making it the ultimate zero-emission fuel.’
- ‘As far as meeting the goal of zero-emission vehicles, there is no doubt the fuel cell is the best option and also for using energy most efficiently in comparison to a conventional powertrain.’
- ‘About a year and a half ago I strongly queried whether IndraNet might not be going off the rails by branching out into the world of zero-emission vehicles.’
- ‘The state now owns 37 zero-emission electric vehicles and 82 powered by compressed natural gas.’
- ‘Merton is keen to see the Rowan Road and Cedars Road sites used for zero-emission sustainable developments.’
- ‘Christchurch citizens are already enjoying the advantages of electric zero-emission buses operating in a free shuttle service in the city centre.’
- ‘Laws now on the books in California, Massachusetts and New York, collectively a quarter of the U.S. auto market, set stringent limits on tailpipe emissions and will require substantial sale of zero-emission cars by 2003.’
- ‘All the efforts going into fuel cells, hybrids and zero-emission vehicles are only going to yield clean-burning cars that crawl along in interminable traffic jams.’
- ‘Electric vehicles also are the cleanest vehicles on the road today: No smog-producing pollution pours from their tailpipes, qualifying them for zero-emission status.’
- ‘California's lead in requiring zero-emission vehicles becomes a national model in 2015.’
- ‘Burns of GM said the eventual goal was not a gasoline powered fuel cell, but one that could power a zero-emission vehicle.’
- ‘With global climate change and our dependence on foreign oil, the potential zero-emission hydrogen economy appears a great hope.’
- ‘Utopians might expect that the auto makers will offer countless octane-stingy hybrids and zero-emission fuel-cell vehicles to a public seeking to wean itself from all addiction to the cursed internal combustion engine.’
- ‘In California, zero-emission electric buses can be recharged up to 50% in five minutes and such fast recharging is crucial for the bus's viability’
- ‘Before giving a speech at the opening ceremony, Lu took a ride in a German-designed zero-emission vehicle powered by hydrogen fuel cells.’
- ‘Universally applied, zero-emission hydrogen-fuel technology could have a dramatic impact - providing the hydrogen was produced using clean energy.’
- ‘This totally zero-emission car processes hydrogen through a fuel cell stack to produce electricity which powers the vehicle's electric motor.’
- ‘With the world choking on auto exhaust, the zero-emission fuel cell is increasingly seen as its green savior.’
- ‘Other zero-emission electrics like the Tango, chargeable by solar or wind, are out there if you look.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.