One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to a debt obligation that pays no interest to the holder until it reaches maturity or is sold.‘volatile zero-coupon bonds pay no interest but are issued of a discount to face value’
- ‘Tomson will issue zero-coupon convertible bonds to raise US $50 million, through Deutsche Bank.’
- ‘One issuer was Lennar Corp., which decided on a zero-coupon co-co in early April.’
- ‘Verizon Communications issued a $3 billion zero-coupon convertible bond.’
- ‘We find the derived zero-coupon credit spreads to be more volatile than risk-free rates.’
- ‘Techtronic raised US $140 million with a zero-coupon convertible bond in June.’
- ‘One example is the auto and truck industry, where marketing is focused on zero-coupon financing and cash givebacks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.