One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a budget or budgeting) having each item costed anew, rather than in relation to its size or status in the previous budget.
- ‘I'm tormented by these zero-based environments where we've abandoned so many children.’
- ‘In Verilog, vectors are groups of wires or nets, and these are zero-base indexed.’
- ‘This makes zero-based budgeting or even activity-based costing almost pointless from a budget officer's point of view, since so little of a district's funds are available for reallocation.’
- ‘Besides, his budget speech speaks of introducing stringent measures for expenditure control and zero-base budgeting.’
- ‘As you prepare next year's budget, should you start from scratch and use zero-based budgeting?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.