One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Her new zealousness has become very personal and directed at people who supported her.’
- ‘Some who have testified say they're less worried that what they say will be leaked to the public than that it will get back to the agencies themselves, which are known for their zealousness in tracking down whistleblowers.’
- ‘They defend their right to profit from patients' pain, suffering and death with a zealousness that is unmatched in the corporate world.’
- ‘If the EU Commission is thought to be acting with undue zealousness in the application of the pact it may work against the pro-euro cause in Britain, Denmark and Sweden.’
- ‘Infants brighten up in her presence and mothers listen to her with almost child-like zealousness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.