One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the prophet Zarathustra or his religious system.‘a hymn in the Zarathustrian holy work’
- ‘The links take the user to such sites as the Jain Meditation International Center, the Punjabi American Heritage Society (Sikhs), and the Zarathustrian Assembly.’
- ‘In both cases we're talking about gags on the Zarathustrian saw rather than an act of theophonous violence.’
- ‘The poems in these earlier volumes roiled in the fecundity of the creative mind with a sort of Zarathustrian flare.’
- ‘Thus Zarathustrian reform did not replace Mithra in the Iranian Pantheon.’
- ‘He believes that much of Judaeo-Christianity itself is Zarathustrian in origin.’
A follower of the prophet Zarathustra or his religious system.
- ‘They struggle with the Zarathustrians for the control of the territory.’
- ‘God gave not to the Zarathustrians as to Israel, to move amongst strangers, but to dwell amidst the heathen within their own countries.’
- ‘Formerly, the Zarathustrians occupied a very prominent place in the history of the world.’
- ‘There were the Holy Scriptures of the Zarathustrians, the so-called Avesta, as they were later named.’
- ‘With these axioms in focus, Zarathustrians consistently make a concerted effort to learn and comprehend the nature and beliefs of other faiths.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.