One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for ranitidine
- ‘Only a handful of drugs boast salience scores at or above 30, including Prilosec, Allegra and Zantac.’
- ‘Acid reducers, such as Pepcid AC and Zantac, are best taken before meals.’
- ‘Zantac was considered a powerful acid suppressor.’
- ‘I've been taking Zantac for the stomach pain.’
- ‘In the 1980s, names beginning with ‘Z’, such as Zantac, Zocor and Zovirax, were all the rage.’
- ‘Twenty years ago, prescription acid suppressors like Tagamet, Zantac and Pepcid revolutionized the treatment of ulcers.’
1970s: probably from Z- + antacid.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.