One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the former country of Zaire, now the Democratic Republic of Congo, or its people.‘a Zairean doctor’
- ‘The Zairean painter was showing illustrational pictures that dealt with informational content.’
- ‘His background covers Zairian Soukous, Rhythm and Blues, Afro-Cuban, Alternative, and many other types of contemporary music.’
- ‘These artists were inspired by this return to their African roots, as well as the enthusiasm of the Zairian audience, to give the performances of their lives.’
A native or inhabitant of the former country Zaire, now the Democratic Republic of Congo.‘the Zaireans among them categorically refused to buy tickets’
- ‘I have heard the same thing innumerable times from educated Zairians.’
- ‘James Brown, Bill Withers, and BB King are just a few of the musical heavyweights who sweated into their polyester bellbottoms in front of an audience of joyful Zaireans.’
- ‘His efforts to repeat the phrase with his accent caused hilarity among Zaireans.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.