One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A heavy uncharged elementary particle considered to transmit the weak interaction between other elementary particles.
- ‘In addition, the theory requires that the W and Z particles, like the photon, should be massless.’
- ‘The W and Z particles are called intermediate vector bosons and are the exchange particles for the weak interaction.’
- ‘The W and Z particles are quite massive for elementary particles; they are roughly 100 times as massive as the proton.’
- ‘The Z particle decayed almost instantaneously, but left a distinctive trace in the collision data.’
- ‘Initial operation involved low beam intensities, and these runs failed to produce W or Z particles.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.