One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A lightweight portable stove consisting of a small metal box divided into firebox and oven.
- ‘Our high morale was aided by the use of our Yukon stoves at night and plenty of hot beverages.’
- ‘The Yukon stove is used currently to provide heat for personnel and equipment inside 5-and 10-man Arctic tents.’
- ‘There is a bed, covered with a caribou hide, a Yukon stove, a small table, and five chairs.’
- ‘Among the goods advertised were asbestos-lined Yukon stoves, Klondike insect-proof masks, and frost extractors.’
- ‘Built to rigid military specifications, the Yukon stove is designed for fast, easy disassembly.’
- ‘The Yukon stove is a rectangular box with folding legs.’
- ‘The joy of cooking on a Yukon stove comes from building a roaring big fire to get the pot to boiling, then shutting that stove down tight.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.