One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A lightweight portable stove consisting of a small metal box divided into firebox and oven.
- ‘Our high morale was aided by the use of our Yukon stoves at night and plenty of hot beverages.’
- ‘The Yukon stove is used currently to provide heat for personnel and equipment inside 5-and 10-man Arctic tents.’
- ‘There is a bed, covered with a caribou hide, a Yukon stove, a small table, and five chairs.’
- ‘The Yukon stove is a rectangular box with folding legs.’
- ‘Built to rigid military specifications, the Yukon stove is designed for fast, easy disassembly.’
- ‘The joy of cooking on a Yukon stove comes from building a roaring big fire to get the pot to boiling, then shutting that stove down tight.’
- ‘Among the goods advertised were asbestos-lined Yukon stoves, Klondike insect-proof masks, and frost extractors.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.