Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A sweet white wine from the estate of Château d'Yquem in the Sauternes region of France.
- ‘The 1997 is destined to be one of the all-time great Yquems on the evidence of this early tasting.’
- ‘Some have already made comparisons to such extraordinary Yquems as the 1967, 1959 and 1921.’
- ‘This is certainly one of the great Yquems, and probably more along the style of the 1975 than more recent vintages.’
- ‘At an age when I could still scarcely read, I was spelling out, drop by drop, old light clarets and dazzling Yquems.’
- ‘If my instincts are correct, this is the most profound Yquem since the legendary 1959.’
- ‘Certainly it is one of the richest Yquems I have ever tasted, with 50-100 years of potential longevity.’
- ‘Seventy vintages of Yquem ranging from 1858 to 2001 were offered.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.