One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A place providing cheap accommodations aimed mainly at young people on hiking or cycling tours.
- ‘My two new buddies walk me to the youth hostel, which is closed.’
- ‘My initial response to join a bunch of Japanese adults playing clapping games at a youth hostel was ‘No way.’’
- ‘This is a five star place and some people can't believe that it's a youth hostel.’
- ‘I asked him how he knew this girl, and he said he had met her in a youth hostel in Brittany in France.’
- ‘I could not remain in the main youth hostel, but there was an overflow hostel in another part of the city and I could stay there.’
- ‘The youth hostel had a mandatory all day lockout.’
- ‘While looking in store windows near the youth hostel where she was staying, Gallagher spotted some funky handblown-glass jewelry.’
- ‘While staying at a youth hostel, James met Australian traveller, Kristy Ladzik, and after a couple of drunken nights out James suggested they get married as a joke.’
- ‘No doubt, they are sharing a small room in a youth hostel in each country they hit, given that they are such good gal pals.’
- ‘The students had a brilliant time and the youth hostel has commented on their exemplary behaviour.’
- ‘When I arrived at the youth hostel there was a very strange smell.’
- ‘The 38-year-old former pupil at Colchester's St Helena School was reported missing in February when he failed to return to the youth hostel he was staying in.’
- ‘There would be additional employment in the offices, boutiques and a youth hostel.’
- ‘On the Miramare access road is a youth hostel with a location a five-star hotel would die for: overlooking the beach, with its own lively terrace bar.’
- ‘We had been staying at a youth hostel and were on our way back to the train station.’
- ‘At 35 € a night per person it's cheaper than the youth hostel.’
- ‘Stay on this as you descend down towards the youth hostel.’
- ‘In 1985 she made a pilgrimage from a youth hostel in Dublin to the National Gallery of Ireland to view Lady Writing a Letter with her Maid, and last March she was asked to give a talk in the Prado in Madrid.’
- ‘Staying in a youth hostel, I took some food up to Scotland with me.’
- ‘He'd thought he would easily find a simple youth hostel.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.