Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Your experience may be different.‘as with all holistic treatments you have to keep doing them, and your mileage may vary’
- ‘I personally don't favor the more visually experimental ones, but your mileage may vary.’
- ‘I like the music, your mileage may vary.’
- ‘In any case, these are just a few thoughts; use these numbers for comparison, your mileage may vary.’
- ‘The visual delights of the opposite sex (your mileage may vary) are one of the great joys of life.’
- ‘Even a one-line disclaimer of "your mileage may vary" can keep people from losing their cool.’
- ‘Depending on personal agitation techniques, your mileage may vary.’
- ‘We were watching on a hypersensitive HDTV, so your mileage may vary.’
- ‘In fact, truly correcting injustice against women will ultimately require doing the same for men But your mileage may vary.’
- ‘Unfortunately, some games work better than others, so your mileage may vary.’
- ‘Every business is different in terms of goals, strategies, and finances, etc., so "your mileage may vary."’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.