One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Used at the end of a letter or as a form of ironic courtesy.‘your most humble servant, George Porter’
- ‘So now, you have the choice of being entertained with the antics of the successful Jester, or the words of your humble servant here.’
- ‘Until next month I remain your humble servant.’
- ‘Sponsor me and I'll be your humble servant for 24 hours on July 26th.’
- ‘I declare myself to be only your humble servant.’
- ‘Forgive your humble servant for I was late to summon my soldiers from the north.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.