One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A young man perceived as assertive and aggressively self-confident.
- ‘This movie-length intro to a new drama series set in a restaurant where four young guns are trying to make a go of things.’
- ‘Carlow's young guns will travel to Belfast in November to compete at the next inter-club event.’
- ‘At just shy of 21, these true young guns are no strangers to the industry.’
- ‘Nestling among the young guns, none of whom have ever worn a kipper tie in anger, there lurk old school comedy relics.’
- ‘The young guns fielded the questions with aplomb.’
- ‘Big Joe said he was impressed with the young guns.’
- ‘The medals were presented by Laois footballer Joe Higgins who praised the young guns!’
- ‘Naturally, we young guns had a fab time out on the town.’
- ‘Leading the charge of the young guns is Justin Tomlinson.’
- ‘York City's young guns did battle with Selby Town in the In Shops Trophy last night - but had to settle for the runners up prize after a penalty shoot-out.’
- ‘The young guns are also storming this year's Rich List.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.