One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having a youthful appearance.‘a very young-looking cast’
- ‘Many of the rich probably undergo plastic surgery to remain young-looking.’
- ‘He's a fine actor, but he's simply too innocent- and young-looking to believably impart any sense of his emotional struggle.’
- ‘He begins an affair with his young-looking teacher, Leslie.’
- ‘My favorite was from a handsome, young-looking attorney with his big smile pictured on his business card.’
- ‘A photograph of 1959 shows a well-built man, still young-looking for his age.’
- ‘OK, you're a very young-looking 80, by the way.’
- ‘They have a very young-looking actor cavorting with a clearly much older-looking woman.’
- ‘Stokes's chance to prove himself to his superior comes when the department needs a young-looking cop to go deep undercover at an elite private school.’
- ‘Green tea may be just the thing to keep your skin healthy and young-looking.’
- ‘I have him down as a young-looking mid-30s, until he tells me he is 24.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.