One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
You together with your family and close friends.
- ‘Do you and yours play the family shopping game, Deception?’
- ‘All right, Amy Dickinson, happy holidays to you and yours.’
- ‘If it's just you and yours, don't sweat, you can still enjoy a moment of piece and quiet.’
- ‘It's much harder to deny someone their legal rights or to consign them to the fires of hell when they are in front of you with their families, looking not that different from you and yours.’
- ‘There is something I want Miss Archer here to tell you and yours after my two guys leave.’
- ‘From my family and I to you and yours, I wish you all a very merry Christmas and a prosperous and successful New Year.’
- ‘May God bless you and yours always.’
- ‘We would also be happy to hear news of you and yours or pass on any special greetings you may have.’
- ‘A very happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.’
- ‘The decisions rest solely on you and yours.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.