One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A popover made of baked unsweetened egg batter, typically eaten with roast beef.
- ‘He's still got a good appetite and his favourite is still roast beef and Yorkshire pudding.’
- ‘My favourite food is roast beef and Yorkshire pudding.’
- ‘As a Yorkshire man, I am a huge fan of roast beef and Yorkshire pudding, I really don't think you can beat it.’
- ‘Chicken tikka masala has replaced roast beef and Yorkshire pudding as the country's favourite dish.’
- ‘Two of the traditional meals of England are fish and chips on the surf side, and on the turf side, roast beef with Yorkshire pudding.’
- ‘This curry, I discovered, was to West Africa what roast beef and Yorkshire pudding is to England, and it was the standard meal for Sunday lunch.’
- ‘Three of our party opted for roast beef, Yorkshire pudding and all the trimmings, and I picked the haddock and chips.’
- ‘For the main course my cousin had the traditional roast rib of beef with Yorkshire pudding.’
- ‘He discovered many other delicacies involving Yorkshire pudding batter when he researched the simple concoction of flour, milk and egg for his first volume.’
- ‘I went for the traditional roast beef and Yorkshire pudding.’
- ‘Marjorie chose traditional roast beef with Yorkshire pudding and gravy.’
- ‘I love the traditional food they do here - roast beef and Yorkshire pudding and sausages and mash.’
- ‘We were treated to a roast beef dinner with Yorkshire puddings and we were all served within an hour.’
- ‘Indeed, it's chicken tikka masala, not roast beef and Yorkshire pudding or fish and chips which is the Brits' number one dish.’
- ‘Along with roast beef and Yorkshire pudding, choices in the buffet include lamb, turkey or pork.’
- ‘The specialities include duck roast and beef roast with Yorkshire pudding.’
- ‘We get a lot of Japanese takeaways, but I really love a traditional roast with Yorkshire pudding and gravy.’
- ‘The two have long been considered as natural together as roast beef and Yorkshire pudding.’
- ‘Just think of the warm glow you feel when you tuck into a plate of tender slices of roast beef and perfectly-risen Yorkshire puddings.’
- ‘On this wet Saturday afternoon, wedding guests are happily knocking back the champagne and mini roast beef and Yorkshire pudding canapés while the bride and groom are outside quickly having their photos taken during a brief sunny spell.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.