Expressing wild excitement or delight.
- ‘Off to the movies now, busy day with the main man, yippee!’
- ‘And yes, yippee, I have hit bottom on the piles of paper around the desk.’
- ‘At least I did it and they were all very proud of me yippee!’
- ‘I added up my dosh and i have an extra $100 for my holiday trip… yippee!’
- ‘Presidential historians are sitting there thinking, yippee, that's great.’
- ‘Only two weeks to go, yippee!’
- ‘The prospect of a full night's sleep beckons, yippee!’
- ‘There's a new Banking Code launching on 1 March - yippee!’
- ‘I gave a private yippee, matching the stifled yes!’
- ‘Next term I'll technically be a year 12, yippee!’
Natural exclamation: first recorded in American English in the 1920s.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.