One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The value of stress at a yield point or at the yield strength.
- ‘Since materials plastically deform as the yield stress is exceeded, a plastic zone will form near the crack tip.’
- ‘It is important to appreciate that equations cannot be used to predict the lower yield stress unless the resultant grain size is known.’
- ‘In these alloys, yield stress have been shown to have only a weak dependence on grain size.’
- ‘As the material strain-hardens, the yield stress increases.’
- ‘If the decrease occurs at a constant yield stress then the fracture stress and fracture mode will vary.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.