One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The value of stress at a yield point or at the yield strength.
- ‘As the material strain-hardens, the yield stress increases.’
- ‘Since materials plastically deform as the yield stress is exceeded, a plastic zone will form near the crack tip.’
- ‘If the decrease occurs at a constant yield stress then the fracture stress and fracture mode will vary.’
- ‘In these alloys, yield stress have been shown to have only a weak dependence on grain size.’
- ‘It is important to appreciate that equations cannot be used to predict the lower yield stress unless the resultant grain size is known.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.