One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Last year or the recent past, especially as nostalgically recalled.‘return with us now to those thrilling days of yesteryear’
the past, former times, historical events, days of old, the old days, the good old days, time gone by, bygone days, yesterday, antiquityView synonyms
- ‘Of my past, I have no knowledge - it is a whirlwind of forgotten yesterdays and yesteryears.’
- ‘Historical monuments representing yesteryears stand tall in the union territory, such as the Aayi Mandapam, the statue of Dupleix, the French War Memorial, and the statue of Joan of Arc.’
- ‘It was also turned out to be the apt occasion for the Indian Oil Corporation to recall some of the corner stones in its long illustrious history and the nostalgic moments of yesteryears.’
- ‘The nostalgia of yesteryears came alive as each young singer sought to recreate the magic of such singers as Mohammed Rafi, Yesudas and S. Janaki.’
- ‘Without the discomfort of necessity, people tend to become complacent, as can be gauged from the present-day Assam compared to its historically famous yesteryears.’
- ‘But thrust an historical document about bygone yesteryears down our memory lane and we can't get enough.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.