One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to Yemen or its people.‘the Yemeni president’
- ‘On 22 May 1990 the new Yemeni nation was born.’
- ‘The Yemeni troops attacking Al Qaeda bases in eastern Yemen are Muslims.’
- ‘Allegedly, he orchestrated the attack on the USS Cole in the Yemeni port of Aden.’
- ‘Probably half the people on the list are Saudi and one-third are Yemeni.’
- ‘British Muslims held by Yemeni authorities are to be charged with terrorism.’
A native or inhabitant of Yemen, or a person of Yemeni descent.
- ‘In a phone conversation with a fellow Yemeni in Pakistan, he mentions several Muslim names that the journalist does not recognize.’
- ‘Why should an American care about a Yemeni?’
- ‘If you take that literally enough, almost any Yemeni is guilty.’
- ‘More than half of all Yemenis are small farmers.’
- ‘For one thing, the Yemeni might be reluctant to see the investigation stray into uncomfortable areas.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.