One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘It's funny,’ says Kenny Bridges, one of the band's two guitarists and lead yelpers, ‘it was going on for a really, really long time, but we didn't talk about it ‘cause we were paranoid about jinxing things.’’
- ‘Most of the ‘yelpers’ had sidekicks who were smaller and backed up the hearty yell with their own high-pitched style, letting the others know they rolled with a pack.’
- ‘Blues yelper Lee Fields outdoes Chris Jones with what is probably this New York label's most danceable record.’’
- ‘The simple fact is, roughly 13-foot tall yelper Angus Andrew is a striking enough physical presence that he could probably just work without any music at all and still be a show and a half unto himself.’
- ‘True, Britney's got better pipes than these eager yelpers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.