One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tropical viral disease affecting the liver and kidneys, causing fever and jaundice and often fatal. It is transmitted by mosquitoes.
- ‘From dengue fever to malaria to yellow fever, this insect spreads more human illnesses than any other.’
- ‘Passengers were inspected for contagious diseases such as small pox, yellow fever, scarlet fever, and measles.’
- ‘Malnutrition and tropical diseases, such as yellow fever and malaria, are serious problems.’
- ‘Mosquitoes, poisonous snakes and tropical diseases such as yellow fever and typhoid caused many to succumb.’
- ‘There is no malaria in Seychelles, and yellow fever and other tropical diseases are not a problem either.’
- ‘Traveling to exotic locales brings the risk of yellow fever, typhoid fever, hepatitis and other dangers.’
- ‘But vaccination against deadly diseases such as yellow fever and malaria is essential.’
- ‘Famous members of this family cause dengue fever, yellow fever and Japanese encephalitis.’
- ‘This is dismissed by Holmes as a misinterpretation of the ravages of yellow fever and other tropical diseases.’
- ‘These mosquitoes transmit yellow fever virus and dengue virus, which can cause dengue hemorrhagic fever.’
- ‘The yellow fever mosquito Aedes aegypti is the most common vector of yellow fever and dengue fever flaviviruses.’
- ‘They are the menace of summer, spreading malaria, yellow fever, encephalitis and West Nile Virus.’
- ‘Also, you have to look into diseases like malaria, dengue fever, yellow fever, and typhoid.’
- ‘There was a hearing in Parliament saying that the project was studying a mosquito that could transmit yellow fever, a disease that wasn't in India then.’
- ‘Moreover, the only diseases that members are required to report are yellow fever, plague and cholera.’
- ‘Diseases like smallpox and yellow fever killed many.’
- ‘Far more important is their role as vectors, transmitting some of the most serious tropical diseases such as yellow fever.’
- ‘Vaccinations are available to people travelling to areas where they may be exposed to serious diseases such as malaria, typhoid or yellow fever.’
- ‘In order to establish a colony of treehole mosquitoes he read everything he could about Aedes mosquitoes, which served as vectors for the yellow fever and dengue fever viruses.’
- ‘In Liberia, the major health issue is infectious diseases, including yellow fever, cholera, typhoid, polio and malaria.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.