One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tropical viral disease affecting the liver and kidneys, causing fever and jaundice and often fatal. It is transmitted by mosquitoes.
- ‘Passengers were inspected for contagious diseases such as small pox, yellow fever, scarlet fever, and measles.’
- ‘Malnutrition and tropical diseases, such as yellow fever and malaria, are serious problems.’
- ‘But vaccination against deadly diseases such as yellow fever and malaria is essential.’
- ‘This is dismissed by Holmes as a misinterpretation of the ravages of yellow fever and other tropical diseases.’
- ‘In Liberia, the major health issue is infectious diseases, including yellow fever, cholera, typhoid, polio and malaria.’
- ‘The yellow fever mosquito Aedes aegypti is the most common vector of yellow fever and dengue fever flaviviruses.’
- ‘They are the menace of summer, spreading malaria, yellow fever, encephalitis and West Nile Virus.’
- ‘Diseases like smallpox and yellow fever killed many.’
- ‘From dengue fever to malaria to yellow fever, this insect spreads more human illnesses than any other.’
- ‘Also, you have to look into diseases like malaria, dengue fever, yellow fever, and typhoid.’
- ‘Far more important is their role as vectors, transmitting some of the most serious tropical diseases such as yellow fever.’
- ‘Famous members of this family cause dengue fever, yellow fever and Japanese encephalitis.’
- ‘Vaccinations are available to people travelling to areas where they may be exposed to serious diseases such as malaria, typhoid or yellow fever.’
- ‘There was a hearing in Parliament saying that the project was studying a mosquito that could transmit yellow fever, a disease that wasn't in India then.’
- ‘There is no malaria in Seychelles, and yellow fever and other tropical diseases are not a problem either.’
- ‘Traveling to exotic locales brings the risk of yellow fever, typhoid fever, hepatitis and other dangers.’
- ‘Moreover, the only diseases that members are required to report are yellow fever, plague and cholera.’
- ‘In order to establish a colony of treehole mosquitoes he read everything he could about Aedes mosquitoes, which served as vectors for the yellow fever and dengue fever viruses.’
- ‘These mosquitoes transmit yellow fever virus and dengue virus, which can cause dengue hemorrhagic fever.’
- ‘Mosquitoes, poisonous snakes and tropical diseases such as yellow fever and typhoid caused many to succumb.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.