- ‘As film historian Thomas Doherty notes, the ‘slanderous central conceit’ of High Noon was that ‘the Old West was packed with no-account yellow-bellies.’’
- ‘And the fact that Stevie can sign, seal, and deliver on the Lakers front court to the tune of a triple-double does not bode well for the yellow-bellies.’
- ‘Of course, that don't mean having a revolution every day like them yellow-bellies and Bolsheviki, or every time some job-holder does something he ain't got no business to do.’
- ‘Okay I'm going to teach you yellow-bellies to kick and punch.’
- ‘Forget the yellow-bellies; the overcrowded prisons offer myriad low cost Rambo wannabes.’
2Any of various animals with yellow underparts.
- ‘It's amazing how fast you can fin when a yellow-belly sea snake is chasing your tail!’
- ‘The Yellow-bellied Flycatcher (E. flaviventris) has the most colorful belly of the eastern group, but don't be mislead; an empid with a yellow belly is not necessarily a yellow-belly.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.