One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Expressing sarcastic disagreement with, or disbelief at, what someone has said.‘he is currently working on a novel—yeah, right’
- ‘Really, all one needs to do is just look at the people making these claim and think, "Yeah, right."’
- ‘Apparently the job I had been called in for had been filled just a few hours earlier (yeah, right).’
- ‘Robin's decided she's going to call him and tell him to get his act together. Yeah, right!’
- ‘She didn't seem overly impressed with my response, but 'promised' they would look into it (yeah, right).’
- ‘Yeah, right, they're poor victims.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.